We are one month in the gravy basket as of this week, folks. But spirits remain high, we keep on trucking! Let’s get into all that happened this week!
A day after he announced he was on Cameo, fans rallied together to get a message for the crew!
Rhysie Cameo clip #4 – how shocking this all is and few comments on Max’s decision pic.twitter.com/0ggxFUsGwF— Melissa – #AdoptOurCrew (@meowzawowza_) February 5, 2024
BBC iPlayer dropped all episodes of season 2 on Monday, and immediately it was one of the most popular shows on the platform.
Ahead of the first episode of season 2 premiering on BBC Two, local papers published their reviews.
Matt Maher is coming to another con – he got a taste of the good stuff at NYCC!
In honor of the S2 premiere, we got another BTS shot from Samba.
On Instagram, Samba also shared a BTS video of him lighting the canon fireworks!
We got another Cameo from Rhys…
And Kristian hosted his first #WeeJohnWednesday – or rather, since they’re on Mondays now, he’s calling them Wee John Wondays! Below is our live-tweet thread of the event (with a surprise guest!).
One of the things mentioned is that, as far as anyone knows, the sets and props are all still in the warehouse in New Zealand…
Our partner-in-crime Astroglide pitched another OFMD-related product…
And we had another Rhys Cameo clip!
Research company YouGov may be collecting analytics about the show!
And we gained a new product partner – Old Spice!
GalaxyCon Raleigh previously was just Vico and Nathan – but now they have added Con! So it will be the golden trio for all three GalaxyCon events with OFMD guests (Raleigh, Columbus, and San Jose)!
Samba released a shout-out to everyone’s favorite Samoan grandfather – David Fane!
#SaveOFMD flyers are still going!
We were happy to hear from Hugo Pierre Martin again!
And yet more Rhys Cameo clips!
UK streamers were giving lots of attention to S2…
We heard from David Jenkins! It’s always nice seeing him log on and interact with fans.
PinkNews continues to be a great partner…
And Astroglide reacted to the cosplay event #WearFineThingsWell!
BBC advertised the show again!
And a convention shared our petition!
Writer Alex Sherman was lurking…
Rhys released another Cameo (and you can see a lot of these on his Cameo page)!
Samba posted a follow-up to his David Fane post, the infamous eel footage!
The fandom observed one month since cancellation…
But we are still getting the word out!
Fans were cautiously excited about a new convention announced for November…
OFMD’s cancellation got caught up in the news that Warner Bros. CEO David Zaslav decided officially to shelve “Coyote vs. Acme” – this was apparently the straw on the camel’s back, after a bunch of other cancellations. We got a mention (and headlining photo!) in The Hollywood Reporter:
And a shout-out from the Roger Ebert website…
Cameo posted a baffling promo pic…
And the petition officially hit 85,000 signatures!
The big headline of the day was that Jenks saw a #SaveOFMD ad in NYC!
…and so did Matt!
Unfortunately, OFMD did not win an ADG Award the night before – Reservation Dogs did, which was very well deserved. But unexpectedly, we got to see a little bit of Rhys!
Q+ Magazine did a rewatch of S2 in partnership with @AdoptOurCrew on Twitter.
And the guest was announced for tomorrow’s WJW – or not??
Other Things This Week:
- Fan Events & Projects:
- Our Flag Means Media Advocacy, which spearheaded all the fan efforts around the SAG/WGA strikes last year, is hosting an event on a ship in San Diego on February 11, and a Matelotage Processional February 13 in Burbank, California.
- Party on a ship at “Well and Truly Docked” in Galveston, Texas in September!
- Prompts are ready for OFMD AUpril.
- Fill out a Kudoboard with some well-wishes for the cast & crew for Valentine’s Day!
- Prompts are ready for NeurOFMDivergent Week in June.
- Follow the #WooAsACrew prompts this week for Valentine’s Day!
- Renewal/Cancellation Articles:
- Why won’t there be a Our Flag Means Death season 3? (Radio Times)
- All The Queer Shows Canceled In 2024 (So Far) (Pride)
- Our Flag Means Death is Taika Waititi and co at their best – we need more of it (Radio Times)
- Peak TV Is Officially Over: FX Tallies 14 Percent Drop in Scripted Series for 2023 (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Why Deleting and Destroying Finished Movies Like Coyote vs Acme Should Be a Crime (RogerEbert.com)
- BBC Premiere Articles:
- TV tonight: the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm (The Guardian)
- What’s On TV This Week: 5th February – 11th February (Royal Television Society)
- Other Articles:
- The Best Romantic TV Series to Get into the Valentine’s Day Spirit (Wealth of Geeks)
- Our Flag Means Death and 9 Other Best TV Shows and Movies About Pirates (Startefacts)
- Comment regarder la saison 2 de «Our Flag Means Death» (TechNews; France)
- Our Flag Means Death star wore bespoke chest binder after costume designer’s moving gesture (PinkNews)
- 5 TV weddings to celebrate the 20th anniversary of same-sex marriage in San Francisco (Datebook)
- The Best New TV Shows to Stream on Max This Week (LifeHacker)
- See Rhys in Los Angeles on February 16!
- Rosie knitted a blanket and a hat for Samba’s new baby <3
- A Twitter user launched an 8-bit OFMD game!
Until next time,