Hello crew. How are you? If you’re feeling post-finale drop, that’s absolutely normal. And if you’re upset about a certain moment in the finale, you have lots of company. Please take care of yourselves, talk to people about your feelings, and utilize a hotline if you need to. If you are still buzzing with excitement from S2, that’s great too! We had a lot of great stuff happen this week, including MCM Comic Con, so let’s get right into it.
Please note that we are collecting articles and interviews at the end of this blog post, and you can always browse our S2 gallery with all the below photos and videos right here.
⚠️ Please be advised that we are not hiding any spoilers from any episode from S2 for this post, and going forward. ⚠️
We got some great behind-the-scenes (BTS) looks from writer Alex Sherman, plus some interviews with costume designer Gypsy Taylor from news outlet Polygon!
We also heard from Kristian. We can’t wait to talk about the show with him again.
Alex gave us some BTS from episode 6. (We just have to laugh, we were so excited with director Fernando Frías posted about this lighthouse during filming, we had all kinds of ideas – Ned Lowe was not one of them!)
Samba wished writer Simone Nathan a happy birthday on Instagram.
And Con stuck around after New York Comic Con just long enough to meet up with David Jenkins.
We got some great BTS from Lindsey, she’s becoming a veritable font of content.
We love whoever this crew member is – thank you Leanne for the BTS!
Our content from Alex this week was almost a daily event. Here we have some photos from episode 7.
HBO is finally connecting a bit with fans! Previously, they offered just shirts and mugs with the logo. These are a little more appealing.
We got some more BTS of the “message in a bottle” scene from David.
We started getting some well-wishes from crew members in advance of the finale.
In the anxiety of Finale Night, folks remembered a certain reveal from writer Alex Sherman earlier this year…
Ass bless us, every one 🍑🙏 pic.twitter.com/sYgQ1Yr5vg— (Hell)Kat 🏴☠️ ass tonight (@FiveClaw_) October 26, 2023
And in the excitement, a huge swathe of the fandom changed their usernames to “Ass Tonight.”
And here’s the story in case you missed it: pic.twitter.com/l0pnfRjQbq— ofmd quotes 🏴☠️ (@ofmdquotes) October 26, 2023
From David Jenkins:
Alex was very proud of his butt, so we got some butt-hind the scenes…
A crew member posted a beautiful video of the inn.
We also got a rare update from director Fernando Frías with some BTS of the finale (and… cows?).
And from writer Eliza Jiménez Cossio.
We discovered that the soundtrack for S2 had been released – you can listen to it on Spotify, or any major music platform!
WBD released a ton of new photographs by Nicola Dove. You can see all of them in our gallery here.
David gave us a look behind the dream sequence from 2×01 (and a tribute to Con’s fine acting).
And we heard from makeup designer Jess Hunt!
Set decorator Lindsey Cantrell gave us a few BTS photos.
And MCM Comic Con officially kicked off! What a crowd!
It was nice to hear from Leslie…
We got our daily dose of Alex…
And some sneaky photos from Samba!
MCM Comic Con had a round of karaoke on Friday evening, and Vico showed up with their family!
Saturday was the main event at MCM Comic Con – the panel with Rhys, Samson, and Vico.
Someone shared a recording of the panel below, and @ofmdframes also has a thread of clips here.
We got some nice BTS from hair & makeup designer Nancy Hennah for episodes 4&5!
And Max posted a new interview with the crew about filming in New Zealand.
Some BTS from the finale from Alex – those soldier uniforms were really cool.
This was Samson’s first OFMD convention, and it looks like he had a great time.
Someone managed to get in touch with a crew member…
Other Things This Week
- Our Flag Means Death creator breaks down that bittersweet finale and his hopes for season 3 (Entertainment Weekly)
- Our Flag Means Death Creator on the Season Finale: “They Get to Have a Little Happiness” (Vanity Fair)
- Our Flag Means Death Costume Designer Breaks Down Season 2’s Punk-Pirate Looks (TV Guide)
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’ Creator David Jenkins Breaks Down the Season 2 Finale, [SPOILER]’s Eulogy, and What’s Next (Collider)
- Our Flag Means Death Creator David Jenkins Reflects on the Season 2 Finale and Has Hope for Season 3 (Paste Magazine)
- Our Flag Means Death Season 3? Showrunner Reveals Plans for a “Mature” Ending (Inverse)
- Instagram interview with Angela Díaz Camus
- Our Flag Means Death Takes Queering History to New Depths (WIRED)
- David Jenkins Talks Our Flag Means Death’s Finale, and That Tragic Twist (Gizmodo)
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’ Boss on Blackbeard and Stede’s Season 2 Ending & Izzy’s Fate (TV Insider)
- Our Flag Means Death showrunner David Jenkins already has ideas for season 3 (The AV Club)
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’ Creator on That Finale Death — and Why He Thinks a Third Season Should Be Its Last (Variety)
- David Jenkins Reveals What He Hopes ‘Our Flag Means Death’ Season 2 Leaves Fans With (The Mary Sue)
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’ Music Supervisor on Season 2’s Biggest Needle Drops (Collider)
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’: How Nina Simone’s Music Played a Major Role in Season 2 (TV Insider)
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’ May Be ‘More Mature’ in Season 2, but Stede and Ed Have More Growing to Do, Creator Says (The Wrap)
- Pirate Booty (Metro Weekly, physical version available to buy here)
- Other Articles:
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’ Season 2’s Best Couple Isn’t Stede and Ed (Collider)
- If This Is the End for Our Flag Means Death, It Went Out on a High Note (PrimeTimer)
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’s Season 2 Finale Gave Us a Perfect Fanfic Moment (The Mary Sue)
- Our Flag Means Death: How The Season 2 Finale Perfectly Sets Up Season 3 (Den of Geek)
- Our Flag Means Death Season-Finale Recap: A Damn Fine Pirate (Vulture)
- ‘Our Flag Means Death’ Killed This Character at the Cruelest Time (The Daily Beast)
- Our Flag Means Death’s Samson Kayo “didn’t have a clue” at his first audition (Popverse)
- ‘Our Pirates Stand for a Life of Belonging to Something Larger’ (Vulture)
- Writer Zayre Ferrer got a shout-out from the Inevitable Foundation. They are part of the Foundation’s “Elevate Collective,” which is “a professional community of talented mid- and upper-level disabled creatives across screenwriting and podcasting.”
- Samba Schutte (Roach) dressed as a roach for Halloween!
- Samba wished writer Simone Nathan a very happy birthday.
- Con and Samba were seen picketing on behalf of SAG-AFTRA! They even did an interview.
- A lucky fan got to meet director Fernando Frias!
- A Twitter user is selling OFMD t-shirts for charity. The last day to buy is Halloween!
- Samba is doing a “crewsgiving” baking class with Be Momentus.
- For those looking to do an inexpensive OFMD costume for Halloween, Polygon has got you.
- A Twitter user is starting a Music League for OFMD-themed playlists.
- The #RenewAsACrew team is re-opening the “La Vie En Rose” project for any Izzy (or other) fans who want to sign up.
- A Twitter user is hosting a giveaway of a Frenchie flag bag.